Bold title, I know. However, the minute I saw this recipe for Nutella hot chocolate on Pinterest, I knew it would be a hit. Once you try it, I’m confident you’ll agree with the title. If you’re like me, and you’re easily distracted by shiny pictures of pretty things (food, shoes, home décor…you name it!), then you’ve probably already discovered Pinterest, the online customizable pin board site. The site is extremely girly but I find it super useful for discovering new things such as this recipe. And, for all you men out there, they’ve recently come up with a similar site just for you, GentleMint.
Whenever I entertain at the house, I want to make sure I have something for everyone…especially my six year old niece, Lily. Since 65 degrees classifies as “winter weather” here in Florida, I knew it was the perfect time to try this. Also, you can cover almost anything in Nutella and it will be tasty. Trust me, we’ve tried it all in my house!
Nutella Hot Chocolate
Ingredients for one cup (from Audriana’s Vanity)
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of Nutella
- Pinch of cinnamon *if you want to make Mexican Hot Chocolate, substitute with cayenne pepper
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Mini marshmallows (optional)
- Pour about 1/4 of the milk into a saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Add the Nutella and whisk until blended.
- Slowly stir in the remaining milk.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon and whisk until hot and frothy.
- Add whipped cream, and mini marshmallows as desired.
First of all, the smell of the frothy chocolate will immediately bring you back to your childhood! But this is not your boxed Swiss Miss. It’s something special and I hope you enjoy!